The AOLserver Wiki is now MediaWiki-powered!

As much as I hate to say it, I’ve finally caved in: tonight, I switched the AOLserver Wiki from the Tcl and MetaKit based WiKit over to the latest MediaWiki 1.5.0 which is implemented in PHP and uses MySQL. It still runs under AOLserver (yes, you can run PHP applications under AOLserver), but it would have been nice to continue to run wiki software that’s written in Tcl — however, it’s hard to pass up on all the nice features built into MediaWiki, and implementing them all in WiKit is just too much work for me at this point.

To let everyone know about this change, I sent this message to the AOLserver mailing list. Lets see what folks think about the change!

Speak Your Mind